NOTE: The Summer at Q Submissions for 2021 are now closed. To browse the 2021 line-up, click here.
For submissions, you are welcome to browse the information below to get a lead on 2022. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We are putting out the call for submissions for:
- TICKETED SEASONS // Loft and Vault performance spaces are ideal for a 4 or 5 night season. Seasons will be double or triple billed. Rangatira is ideal for big shows wanting to present a short 1 or 2 night season. We are also open to shorter and longer seasons.
- FREE, NON-TICKETED EVENTS & PERFORMANCES // Our Lounge is an ideal exhibition area. It’s a visual/installation art space right on Queen Street - an open inviting area just waiting for your ideas.
Leaning into that warm New Year energy, in February we become a space for artists and audiences to take risks and try something new. In the last few years we've had everything from the Auckland Pride Gala, live podcast recordings, flamenco guitarists, powerful dramas, drag shows, karaoke extravangazas, cabaret...you name it. We welcome anyone and any shows that choose to register with Auckland Pride and Auckland Fringe Festival to apply, as well as any other shows that reflect this kaupapa.
Thanks to the support of the University of Auckland, Summer at Q has packaged rates that make our venues more accessible and simpler to budget for.
- Submissions open: 5 pm on Friday 23 October 2020
- Submissions close: 5 pm on Friday 20 November 2020
- Please note: This is an updated close date which is not listed on the downloadable forms below.
- Festival begins: Monday 1 February 2021
- Festival ends: Saturday 27 February 2021
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the info sheet below for a more detailed summary of the festival.
- Come and see us and have a look at our spaces, to make sure Q has the qualities your show is looking for.
- Fill out the appropriate Summer at Q submission form, available below – for ticketed events, free events or exhibition ideas.
- Email submissions to Q’s Programme Coordinator, Kate Ward-Smythe email@example.com by 5 pm on Friday 13 November 2020
- We’ll let you know as soon as we can if you’re a good fit for the Summer at Q 2021 programme
Here's a couple of documents that will help you build the perfect submission. Remember to read these documents to ensure you're idea will be a good fit for Summer at Q. There's heaps of helpful info in these documents but if you have any questions that aren't answered here, feel free to email Q’s Programme Coordinator, Kate Ward-Smythe firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, don't be shy. We love to hear all your amazing ideas, even if they aren't selected this time around.
Please be sure to read the above documents before beginning your expression of interest form. Also, make sure you save the below form to your computer before editing it.